Would you like to be a part of the OACYC team? We have opportunities for members to participate on our working committees and accept applications for the board of directors on an ongoing basis in an effort to maintain a full board of directors representing child and youth care in Ontario. We are looking for Child and Youth Care Practitioners with passion, energy, and time!
Currently, we are posting for Directors of the Board.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Two Year Term
Directors of the Board are responsible for attending and participating both at in-person and teleconference board meetings, with mandatory attendance at the fall Annual General Meeting. A Board Member supports operational matters related to the Association, with a key focus on supporting membership applications, renewals and advocating on behalf of members at national, provincial and municipal levels. Board members actively network with other professionals, employers and educators working in the field of Child and Youth Care to understand the trends, gaps and needs related to professional development. In addition, Board Members will leverage their own areas of expertise and knowledge to work on various committees, in meeting the strategic directions of the Association. All Board Members are required to participate in one or more active committees of the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and abilities:
- College or university educational background in Child and Youth Care
- A current professional member in good standing with the Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care
- Currently working in the field of Child and Youth Care, with a focus on the future direction of the profession
- Interest in working on at least one of the following committees: legislation, membership, conference, awards
- Proven leadership skills and abilities, has a positive attitude with a team oriented approach
- Exemplary written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous board experience is an asset
- Vulnerable sector criminal records check
- Ability to attend a minimum of four in-person board meetings per year in Toronto
At the OACYC we value diversity in our field and on our Board of Directors. We are actively engaged in building a strong, diverse board that reflects our field of practice. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply no later than Friday, July 28, 2017. Please submit a letter of intent and chronological resume through e-mail or fax (contact info below).
The OACYC is committed to giving persons with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and to benefit from those services, in the same place and in a similar way as other members. The OACYC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Ontario Association of Child and Youth Care
c/o The School of Child and Youth Care, Ryerson University
350 Victoria Street,
We appreciate your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.